Monday, November 22, 2010

A Blog? Really?

I was over at Corina's the other day. We were chatting about her cleansing diet, brewing beer, being sick of eating squash even though it's only the middle of November, and other general domestics. When I told her about the 3 different batches of apple sauce I made, one with brandy, one hard cider, and one with wine, her reaction was "why don't you write a blog about this stuff?" My reaction to that was "why the hell would I write a blog? A blog about what? Homemaking and domestics?" Ms. Corina is the one who stayed up until three in the morning one night canning over 100 quart jars of tomatoes. She is the one with 1/2 a cow in her deep freezer. She is the one who sold home-sewn menstrual pads at her garage sale, not ME!

A couple days later I was making a pie, and I started to think. Here I am, making the 4th pie this month, and I don't even eat pie that much because it's so bad for you. Yet I still make it at least once a week. I mean, I LOVE pie, don't get me wrong. I love everything about pie. I love making pie for my friends, family, boyfriend. I would even make pie for my cat if he didn't have bladder issues from eating anything but his expensive prescription cat food. Why am I doing this? Forcing the people around me to eat pie that I won't eat myself, but can't stop making!

And then I thought, maybe Corina was right. Perhaps I should write a blog about pie. Give some purpose to the fact that I make it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment